Which models do you like from ASCO Christopher? Something like this
below?

https://www.ascopower.com/us/en/product-range-presentation/66110-asco-series-185-power-transfer-switch/
[1]
Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines
don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [2]
e-mail offgridso...@sti.net
[3]
text 209 813 0060

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 12:32:03 -0400, Chris Schaefer
wrote:  Jason,   Given all of the equipment you're looking at I'd consider
using a small shoe box sized PLC. Relays and timers are good but the PLC
will give you a lot more flexibility in a very small package and will be
able to sense when the ATS switch transfers. I enjoy using the ASCO unit as
it offers dry contacts. As for the PLC I'd consider Opto 22 but any PLC
will do. Just gotta be careful as to some require you buy programming
tools.   Christopher
  On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:54 AM Jerry Shafer
wrote:  Outback inverters can do that, start and stop the genny, start up
if loads are above a programmed setting. I have used Lutron for a similar
application that turned one AC on at a time. You can use the inverter to
turn off load(s) if they is/are to high, it's all programable Jerry
  On
Wed, Sep 11, 2019, 2:42 PM Jason Szumlanski  wrote:   In an off-grid
situation I'm looking for a strategy to manage transfer from generator
power to inverter power because I have a lot of high startup load
appliances planned for a system. Think 8 mini-refrigerators, one sub-z
large refrigerator, and an under-cabinet ice maker, not to mention air
conditioning. I would like to start these loads in stages if they all call
to start up immediately upon system startup or during ATS switch over. Any
ideas?   I guess while I'm on the subject I should ask about my eye-roll,
keep-me-up-a-night, giving-me-heartburn problem with this ice maker. It's
going to be outdoors in Florida and they expect it to make 25-50 pounds of
ice per day. I am finding it really hard to estimate energy use for this
appliance. Any ideas (other than the obvious "don't do it" answer)?
Jason Szumlanski Florida Solar Design Group

Alliance

 List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org [6]

 Change
listserver email address & settings:

http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org [7]

[8]

 List rules & etiquette:
 www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm [9]

Check out or update participant bios:
 www.members.re-wrenches.org [10]

Alliance

 List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org [11]

 Change
listserver email address & settings:

http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org [12]

[13]

 List rules  color: #1f497d;">Chris Schaefer's
Tel/Fax 585-229-2083
or Cell 585-748-1870
5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York
14424
_www.solarandwindfx.com [17] ~ E-mail: ch...@solarandwindfx.com [18]_

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."        --

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.ascopower.com/us/en/product-range-presentation/66110-asco-series-185-power-transfer-switch/