Agreed that this is important and overlooked. Blue Planet is a case in point. While I'm well satisfied with their product and support, the individual battery packs each come with an absurd amount of styrofoam packaging from Murata, the manufacturer. I was told that Blue Planet was working to find a less wasteful alternative, and that I could pay (substantially) extra to reduce the volume of packaging.

To date I haven't heard from them about end-of-life recycling; given their promised long service life, I admit that I have succumbed to the 'by then there will be structures in place to address the need' avoidance.

I would appreciate having a Blue Planet manufacturer's representative on this list.

Allan

--

*Allan Sindelar*
al...@sindelarsolar.com <mailto:al...@sindelarsolar.com>