G'Day All,

Recently ran into an issue on a system installed by others. It's an Outback
FW1000 circa 2015 with a twin stack of VFX3648's. The system is offgrid and
charged solely by a 15kw propane fired generator with plenty of hours on
it. I'll be adding PV to it in the coming weeks. The system originally
came with a Mate Oval using the AGS. In late 2018 a second installer
replaced the oval with a Mate3, serial#  M307410. The system has been
working with the AGS feature flawlessly.

A couple weeks back I received a call because the Mate3 had locked up. So I
arrived last week with a new Mate3s in hand, serial# MA2007F0100150 not a
Mate3. I removed the SD card from the Mate3 and installed it to the Mate3s.
It appeared that someone had saved a profile so I loaded it into the newest
Mate3s. After reviewing the settings I was satisfied with them and fired
everything up and then manually started the genny. After an hour or so I
shut down the genny again manually. The AC power went out and on the Mate3s
I received an event, "AC Out shorted Error". This seemed odd as there were
no other changes to the system other than to swap out of the Mate. Tried
this several times with the same results. Next I decided to turn off the
home's main breaker @ the SEP. Did not get any error's at the Mate3s. Next
I turned on the 200A main @ the SEP. Still good. Then one by one all the
breakers in the SEP. No error's and the power is back on. Fired up the
genny, then turned it off and the same error reappears.

Here's where it gets really interesting. The client still had the old oval
Mate lying around so just for fun I reinstalled it and everything ran
perfectly. Say what?!?! At this point I'm leaning to either an
incompatibility issue with the new Mate3s and the older VFX inverters or
just a bad Mate3s. What say you?

Thanks,
Christopher-

Chris Schaefer’s
<http:www.solarandwindfx.com>

*Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
*5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com> ~ E-mail: ch...@solarandwindfx.com
<ch...@solarandwindfx.com>*

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."