From: RE-wrenches [mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf
Of Sindelar Solar
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:06 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: [RE-wrenches] FLA question

Wrenches,

Here's one I haven't encountered before, and I'm interested in the range of
opinions I may receive.

My battery supplier screwed up, and they admit it. On April 27 I ordered a 24V
set of 2V Surrette L16 FLAs for a long time client; note that these were the
client's choice after his extensive research. The lead time was estimated at
10-12 weeks. Today I got the news that the distribution center in Reno had not
placed the order, as collective orders for Rolls batteries were so slow during
Covid that they hadn't wanted to ship just one set.

I was told that they had a set in the Reno warehouse that they could bring to
Albuquerque that had a manufacture date of 6/26/2019. I was told that at rest
the 12 cells showed an average resting voltage of 2.14 vpc, with the highest at
2.18V and the lowest at 2.08V.

I was offered them at a discount of ~18% off of my dealer cost.

Should I have any hesitation about accepting and installing a set that has sat
at rest for nearly a year? The alternative is to start over with the 10-12 week
lead time, unless we can arrange a rush delivery.

Opinions welcome here, please.

Allan

--

Allan Sindelar