*From:* RE-wrenches [mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] *On
Behalf Of *Sindelar Solar
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:06 PM
*To:* RE-wrenches
*Subject:* [RE-wrenches] FLA question

Wrenches,

Here's one I haven't encountered before, and I'm interested in the range of
opinions I may receive.

My battery supplier screwed up, and they admit it. On April 27 I ordered a
24V set of 2V Surrette L16 FLAs for a long time client; note that these
were the client's choice after his extensive research. The lead time was
estimated at 10-12 weeks. Today I got the news that the distribution center
in Reno had not placed the order, as collective orders for Rolls batteries
were so slow during Covid that they hadn't wanted to ship just one set.

I was told that they had a set in the Reno warehouse that they could bring
to Albuquerque that had a manufacture date of 6/26/2019. I was told that at
rest the 12 cells showed an average resting voltage of 2.14 vpc, with the
highest at 2.18V and the lowest at 2.08V.

I was offered them at a discount of ~18% off of my dealer cost.

Should I have any hesitation about accepting and installing a set that has
sat at rest for nearly a year? The alternative is to start over with the
10-12 week lead time, unless we can arrange a rush delivery.

Opinions welcome here, please.

Allan

--

*Allan Sindelar*