Thanks for all the discussion and insight.  I believe the main issue here
is them being territorial about the meter socket (they did not install it
and they do not own it).  My follow up question to them was, "I assume that
you allow a 320 A meter socket feeding two main panels.  Is this
different?"  Waiting for a response...

Shine On!

Kris Schmid
Legacy Solar, LLC