Jerry,

No doubt about it lithium battery chemistry is more efficient than lead-acid battery chemistry. That is a good reason to choose lithium batteries. However, 98% RTE is wrong. While being charged the terminal voltage for lithium iron phosphate batteries, in a 48-volt system, is typically 54.4 volts. While being discharged at light load the terminal voltage is about 51 volts; it is even lower if being discharged rapidly. The RTE efficiency cannot be greater than 51/54.4 or 94% and typically it will be even lower than that. Many battery manufacturers claim over 95% RTE but that is only possible when the battery doesn't go through a full discharge cycle. There are many sources on the internet that say 98 or 99%, but that is wrong, among us let's get it right.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar