Something is wrong with your programming of the monitor! Does the
battery make give you parameters to program, they should! This is not
normal with what I have seen. Reading state of charge on a monitor that
does not have a BMS feeding Soc to it, is for indication only. It is a
moveable feast and a PITA! I do not know why Outback has chosen to not
partner with battery companies and close the loop for LFP like Schneider
has? Anyone know why they will not do this?

Lightning/gensets, and grid
power can damage electronics and even though they may still seem to be
working, they are damaged.

Probably best to start logging in case there
is something deeper! Good Luck!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where
powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail
offgridso...@sti.net [2]
text 209 813 0060

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 19:01:15
-0700, Jerry Shafer  wrote:  Wrenches So what l got from the question is
why when my batteries are at 100% isn't everything just passing through.
Well, your batteries may be the issue, l stopped using AGM batteries
because of what l called spill over, the batteries are never full and are
leaking out as they are getting full. This can just be loss because of the
chemical reaction and the electrons, even waist heat. AGM might have a RTE
of 82% (round trip efficiency) so some battery storage energy is lost to
the cosmos. Lithium ion phosphate can have a RTE of 98%, lead acid 75%
Edison batterys maybe 60%. So what l am getting at is different batteries
have different losses internally, AGM's are cheaper then some so you pick
your efficiencies and losses, a solution may be to fatten up the array to
compensate for the storage losses. I am sure someone may have an alternate
solution Jerry NABCEP PV Inspector
  On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 9:49 AM
Christopher Warfel  wrote:   I have not been able to find a way to set my
customers battery charging parameters so that the AGM batteries do not
consume less of the pv output to maintain charge. Here is an Optics view of
the situation with a small image embedded. (If you can answer, please
remove image per Mr. Welch's request.   I have the absorb voltage at 54.3
for one hour, the float voltageat 54, the equalize at 56 (disabled for this
battery type).   It seems like this is a lot of energy being used by the
batteries, but I am hoping that some one with more experience in these
settings can weigh in on any changes I should make, or if this is just how
it is. Thank you, Chris            --
      Christopher Warfel
  ENTECH
Engineering, Inc.
 PO Box 871, Block Island, RI 02807
  401-466-8978
  [4]

Redwood Alliance

 List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org [5]

http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org [6]

There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
other:
[7]
[8]

 List rules & etiquette: