Hi Chris,
I’m not enough of an EE to know that answer.

But my guess is it isn’t going to be enough to make much of a difference, still
a massive hit on the inverters

Given the cost of the transformers with install vs the correct motor with VFD
drive.
I’d go with new motor/VFD and you know for sure it’s going to work.

Jay