Can anybody clarify the following instruction from the manual?

"GND the panel MOUNTS/FRAMES to any GND outside the circuit via 12AWG wire"

Does this mean do not connect the array equipment grounding conductor to
the grounding terminal in the inverter? Where would be the suggested place
to connect the equipment grounding conductor, and why does it make a
difference? It would still be electrically bonded to the grounding terminal
in the inverter.

I'm asking because I do, in fact, have an equipment grounding conductor
from the array connected to the ground terminal in the inverter at a home.
I am getting an F08 GFDI fault. The manual doesn't say anything about the
DC side with respect to this error. It suggests it is an AC current leakage
to ground. But Sol-Ark tech support suggested that I disconnect the PV to
rule it out as a source of the fault.

Jason Szumlanski
Florida Solar Design Group