Also, has there been discussion of the haskell approach?

a) Explicitly mark certain ops as infix. That would eliminate a lot of
curlies, and also allow any op to be infix.

b) Allow any op to be temporarily infix by enclosing it in backticks
or something like that. Maybe curlies?

  matrix1 {convolve} matrix2

---

My major concern with curly infix is that it introduces an extra layer
of indirection. Say you're trying to track down a bug in evaluation:

i) Lisp is extremely direct. All the parens are visible, directly
permitting reasoning about evaluation.
ii) An indentation-sensitive lisp like wart requires mentally
inserting parens to make sure we aren't accidentally wrapping
something we didn't mean to.
iii) Curly infix requires converting indentation to curly infix and
then *removing* the curly infix to convert to prefix.

I'm sure these issues have been done to death on this list, and
they're probably not on top of your todo lists before the deadline.
Feel free to point me at the mailing list archives :)