On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Kartik Agaram <a...@akkartik.com> wrote:
>> I use guile-2.0 for sweet-expressions development, and it works fine -
>> probably just need to forcibly reload cache.  I'm also on the
>> project's newest code base, so it might also have an effect.
>
> I just tried 2.0 again:
>
>   $ guile --version
>   guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.5-deb+1-1
>   $ rm -rf .cache/guile
>   $ ./sweet-guile
>   ..
>   ;;; ./modern.scm:460:14: warning: possibly wrong number of arguments to
> `eval'
>
> Are you building it from source or something like that? This is just
> debian's current default binary package.

Nope, just flat Ubuntu binaries.

I've tried locating the problem, and it does seem to be guile 2.0's
autoload.  So: if you ever see a message about ;; compiling
/blah/blah, exit sweet-guile and restart it - don't clear cache
(sorry, apparently my brain gave me wrong memories - it seems I
*encountered* the problem *after* clearing the cache, not that it
disappeared after clearing!).  Once the modules get loaded from cache
instead of being compiled on-the-fly, this should put you safely into
sweet-expressions in guile 2.0.  Ignore messages about wrong number of
arguments to 'eval' - I fixed sugar.scm's primitive-load, and that's
what sweet-guile uses.