> However within "normal" s-expressions or neotheric expressions I'd have
second thoughts.  How would this be parsed?:

> foo bar
>  . aaa . bbb ccc

I agree, that should be an error. It doesn't really make any sense to me
either. I expect this would continue to be ok:

aaa bbb . ccc
=>
(aaa bbb . ccc)

And the following would still be an error:
aaa bbb . ccc ddd

On November 27, 2014 6:04:47 AM EST, "Jörg F. Wittenberger"
<joerg.wittenber...@softeyes.net> wrote:
>Am 26.11.2014 um 23:32 schrieb David A. Wheeler:
>> This is a request for comment:
>> In sweet-expressions, should a line beginning with "." have the same
>semantics as wisp?
>>
>> In wisp, I understand that a line beginning with "." is interpreted
>as a sequence of expressions at the same level. E.G.,:
>> foo bar
>>   . aaa bbb ccc
>> =>
>> (foo bar aaa bbb ccc).
>>
>> A "." with a single n-expression is interpreted this way now.
>Currently, it's illegal to have more than 1 n-expression on a line;
>this change would relax that rule.
>>
>> Anyway, thoughts welcome, pro or con.
>
>For indentation sensitive mode as the first element on a line: I fail
>see what damage it could do.  => pro
>
>However within "normal" s-expressions or neotheric expressions I'd have
>second thoughts.  How would this be parsed?:
>
>foo bar
> . aaa . bbb ccc
>
>Here I'd prefer to get a parsing error.  => con
>
>/Jörg

>Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
>from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
>Dashboards
>with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration &
>more
>Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations,
>FREE
>http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=157005751&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

--- David A.Wheeler