Gustavo Alberto Navarro Bilbao kirjoitti:
Ohhh. The 3DS Max users (i'm sorry but the Blender's interface is something impossible for me), are going to give to you a big "Thanks" for the improvement .

this quick simple solution we have now for full scene import to rex (export from blender, max or maya or whatever) uses the .scene format (dotscene) that is used with ogre sometimes otherwise too, so the existing exporters from all the packages work - so that same tutorial that was written using blender in December applied to other packages then as well.

.. so no 'going to give' in the sense that there'd be a reason to wait, but the tech has been there two months already ready for use for max users too. i guess we could have communicated that better, but also back then hadn't actually tested it from max yet. now one company has been using it from there and has also made some additional options for the import etc, and they are happy about it too.

we'll start working on more options and gui tools to manage the scene imports etc. this week, will post when there is a plan .. orn wednesday or so.

Alberto

~Toni

btw the new Blender 2.5 refactor was exactly to address UI issues and allows customization, so perhaps good things come from there too :)€