http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOE_WNX05W0 (be patient the flight takes
a while :)

we agreed to do this test already in April or May, but the one who we
figured would do this has been busy with other stuff, so has been
pending.

requires opensim 0.7 so now that i had it running for other reasons
(added a http frontend to an image rendering service there, but that's a
topic for another post :) figured to do this to finally see how things
work out.

worked out of the box, i didn't need to do anything. except disable ODE
'cause it crashed. and i tested 10km * 10km first, but that ended up
with the terrain module creating a huge map image or something and
writing that to sqlite trashed my laptop so had to kill that process.

couldn't put meshes there 'cause modrex doesn't work with 0.7 yet, but
with that and the new terrain entity-components in Naali now this should
become really usable (you can now put several terrain entities in one
scene/region in naali against taiga, and if not yet, later set their
size and resolution too).

our plan has been to first test big regions and ensure that Naali
doesn't have artificial region size limits before possibly looking into
seamless continuous sl style multiregion support. i think for many
applications single big regions suffice, but there are of course others
where separate but for the user continous multiple regions are needed.

~Toni