On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Jonne Nauha <jonne.na...@evocativi.com> wrote:
> I think the name should have rex atleast instead of tundra. I'm not sure
> about our naming but I hope the client will still stay Naali and Tundra will
> be the server part. I think these are rex scene formats that naali and
> tundra can handle (hopefully in opensim mode too for importing/exporting) so
> I'm not sure why call it tundra xml/bin format? Three letters are good imo
> longer than that just seems weird, I like the sound or .rexml though!
> Best regards,
> Jonne Nauha
> realXtend developer
>
> http://www.realxtend.org/
> http://www.evocativi.com/

I agree much with Jonne and Toni. I like to keep the original naming convention:
* Taiga is a OpenSim based preference server implementation with
realXtend specific addons
* Tundra is a preference server implementation using Kristalli protocol
* Naali is a preference viewer implementation able to connect to
Opensim, Taiga and Tundra servers
* RealXtend is the project for developing Naali, Taiga and Tundra

File formats used by multiple applications and created by the project
should be based on project name rather than individual preference
implementations.

Thus my proposal for the file extensions are:

    .rexscene for zip file containing .rexml and .rexbin files
    .rexml    for xml based scene data
    .rexbin   for binary scene data: bin as a binary and bin as a container

With these file extensions the end user will usually see only
.rexscene files. The developers and content creators would work with
.rexml and .rexbin files.

Zip based file format would also make it easy to store binary assets
and use directory structures.

--
Matti Kuonanoja ~ realXtend developer