On Jan 25, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Jonne Nauha wrote:

> Tundra has quite nice examples for our ECs.
> http://realxtend-naali.googlecode.com/files/Tundra-1.0-preview.exe About the
> same components are available in Naali too. Install that, go to <install
> folder>/scenes, you should be able to launch .txml scenes with double
> clicking on them. EC_Script is just a simple component that will store your
> script reference and store a bool if it should be executed when loaded. The
> .js themselves have all the basic core APIs available via Qt, and

Some documentation references for these:

A list of ECs, many of them documented,
http://www.realxtend.org/doxygen/component_base.html

I don't think Cecil is after programming docs, but end user EC functionality --
like 3dCanvasSource and Light and such you can use just by adding them with the
editor. The demo scenes collection is still missing many basics, like Light ..
feel free to submit additions, anyone. Also a basic how-to / tutorial of the EC
editor would be good. There's also some bugs / annoyances, like that the object
that you see highlighted for editing otherwise is not necessarily the same
object that the EC editor has active in develop (Nathan took the first steps to
fix this by adding EC_Selected and making the sel code use that, but ECEdit
doesn't use that yet).

Anyhow, for programming, the core API Jonne mentioned is documented at
http://www.realxtend.org/doxygen/#CoreAPIList (it's basically the same for c++,
py and js).

> Qt gui/core stuff. Take a look at the scripts in chat app and avatar app.
> Read them and you'll get into it quite quick, there is most times a server
> and a client part in the scripts. You can define what code is executed on the
> server instance and what in the client.

The avatar example with explanation of how that both server&client side
execution goes, and the whole EC design, is described in this article which has
been submitted for review .. comments are welcome:
https://github.com/realXtend/doc/raw/master/arch_article/simple.pdf

We are now working also on the other example there, the presentation/slideshow
thing, for an example of how to use your own component type for app specific
custom data.

> Jonne Nauha

~Toni