On pe, 2011-02-04 at 16:08 -0800, CecilBergwin wrote:
> Weeee :) so, I see a light, Thx antont, yes that's what I thought &
> meant for animations, sry I confused everybody with the whole gesture
> thing, just a phrase I used as that's essentially what they will

Ah, so you just want to use custom movement animations (walk, fly, idle)
on your avatars? That indeed takes only making the avatars.

I think it was good that you raised the gesture issue, it is very
essential in SL and is good to know a bit now what it would take to for
our LLUDP support. The gestures are used for greetings and communication
like nodding or shaking head, or indeed dancing like AFAIK in your app,
independently of whether you are standing still or walking or what
(usually while standing still).

Certainly was interesting to see how simple the gesture implementation
is in Tundra in contrast to the LLUDP impl .. though there's the
difference that the SL mechanism allows ad hoc downloading of additional
animations for the avatars, whereas out of the box in the Tundra AV
example you have just what was exported to the .skeleton. But anyhow fun
that 1 line of client side code suffices to trigger a custom func on the
server from a keypress :)

> exported avatars with custom animations working in naali but as an
> "object" rather than the avatar, just gotta use those .js snippets you
> mentioned to trigger this animation on the avatar now, anything else
> you can add would be appreciated but until then I'll be sure to update
> this post with any info. I'll get my nose in Tundra asap.

Ok. Note that the Tundra 1.0 preview from December didn't have gestures
in the AV example, but that is currently on the github repo only. But it
is a JS level change, so the new av code should work on that old Tundra
build too. So just copy the scenes/Avatar from
https://github.com/realXtend/naali/tree/tundra/bin/scenes/Avatar .. I
think that only simpleavatar.js suffices.

We are targetting Tundra 1.0 final in two weeks. Probably need to make
some kind of release candidate / beta ASAP before that.

~Toni