On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 08:59 +0300, Toni Alatalo wrote:
> There is one stupidity though that currently requires a workaround. Idea is
> that you can just run server.exe and start drag&dropping your models there.
> But currently that would make it copy all the models to the same directory
> where the Tundra app was installed. This little trick helps:
> 1. create a directory anywhere in your computer for your project, e.g.
> d:\projects\cadworld . Unless you already have a suitable dir.
> 2. create an empty file called whatever.txml in that dir. this is just used
> to automatically start Tundra so that it uses this directory for storage.
> Note: creating a file called .txml may not be easy on windows, if it hides
> the file name extension from you and insists on making it .txml.txt or so. We
> should come up with some nice way in the GUI to start a new project so this
> trick wouldn't be needed.
> 3. doubleclick the txml in that folder to run the server
> 4. use view-scene right-click import, or drag&drop with mouse, to load your
> 3d models
> 5. save the scene with view-scene right-click 'save scene'

Instead of documenting the workaround, I gave a shot at fixing it by
adding a new menu entry in the server mode GUI:

'New Scene' - opens a file dialog where you can give the name of your
scene file, e.g. 'my.txml'. It automatically then sets that directory as
the default storage for your session, so you can import models etc. and
they get placed in that dir.

'Save' - saves the current scene to the file that you defined in 'New
Scene', without asking questions. Like in does in Notepad, my benchmark
for how the Tundra File menu should behave :) We didn't have this
earlier 'cause didn't have the concept of 'current document', but I
think it's nice.

Jonne earlier added Import & Export funcs to the File menu that are a
bit different, we're currently working on merging and sanifying these to
make a sensible whole .. for the upcoming 1.0.6 release (coming right
now actually).

> ~Toni

same.