On May 28, 2011, at 11:39 AM, ilikia wrote:
> I build my .blend files incorrectly? If I render my models in Blender,
> all textures are there.

Not everything that works in the Blender non-realtime still image / movie
rendering works in realtime / game engine rendering. By far.

Better test is to see if your materials work in the Blender game engine, press
'p' in a 3d view or select 'start game' from menu.

For example, for the Blender renderer you can put procedural textures etc that
generate the image without using image files, and that doesn't work out of the
box for the realtime world. Also the movie renderer can do different kinds of
texture coordinate mappings, whereas for game engine usage you usually need to
have UV coordinates for the mesh for texture images to show.

One idea is that we'd make some sort of a simplified & realtime dedicated UI to
Blender, so all the options that are there for movie making wouldn't confuse
people who target realtime engines. This could be e.g. a part of the blender
realxtend integration worked on in b2rex and blender2ogre by Pablo and Brett.
Is feasible with Blender 2.5 with the rewritten UI engine that allows easy
customizing in Python.

~Toni