Hi Ilikia,

Sorry that I havent been more vocal here on the mailing list since getting
back to work on monday. I have done some big efforts for the Tundra2
codebase since then. We are now working in the realXtend naali repo under
tundra2 branch. I have made things build again like cave module. Python is
still not done but I will get to it at some point. I would not use too much
time for that yourself.

I have enhanced our cmake system and how windows finds dependencies. I
automated fetching deps so you dont have to do a manual svn checkout
anymore, and no manual copying of files into /bin. Last night I made a "make
install" step for Tundra2 that you can (later at least) pass a prefix and
you can install your build there with /lib /bin /include stuff like normal.
erno aka e` is working on the linux build for tundra2.

Quick steps to get going

   1. Clone Branch located at
   https://github.com/realXtend/naali/tree/tundra2
   2. Have git.exe in your path and run
win_update_deps_vs2008.bat<https://github.com/realXtend/naali/blob/tundra2/win_update_deps_vs2008.bat>
   3. Then run
win_cmake_vs2008.bat<https://github.com/realXtend/naali/blob/tundra2/win_cmake_vs2008.bat>
as
   usual

You don't anymore need to have TUNDRA_DEP_PATH or similar in your system env
variables. The scripst will take care you have the latest deps, copy them to
bin for you and when you run cmake the deps path is cached so you never have
to pass it again (unless you really want to change it). If you want to
forget the dep path + all the found deps ofc you can delete CMakeCache.txt.
win_update_deps_*.bat does this for you so you wont get strange results
after updating deps.

Source code has been moved under /src and there is some subdir separations
SDK vs application level. This structure is not final but prepares us for
the future and makes us look like a proper project with an actual src dir ;)
I made static libs build under /lib. I modified the cmake system quite much
to make it nicer and adding cmake/TundraInstall.cmake for "make install"
macros (for all platform, on visual studio right click "INSTALL" project and
select Build!).

I'll keep you posted on python (at least i promise to try and remember :).
The situation there is that we need to remove a lot of dead code. How SDK
gets exposed to .py code and so forth probably stays as is and is not really
hard to make build.

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
Adminotech developer