Paul Tretter wrote:

> I think that is unimportant right now given that we have compress and
> already distributed ".rip files.  Seems good enough.  Anyone else?...

I discussed it with Carl some time ago ... and I can't agree here :-)
According to him, most US users use default Windows Explorer. But in my
opinion, that piece of code is pretty crap as goes for file manager.

Merely EACH GOOD file manager knows how to treat .zip or other archives - as
ordinary directory. - you just press enter to enter them, you select files
wanted - can delete them, edit them, copy them out of the archive. .RIP is
fine, but I (and probably others too) work almost constantly with file manager
(Windows Commander in particular).

It's imo needed. IF Rebol/Core would at least support /Shell component, you
could always call externall app to unpack files for you, but with current
state of things, we are pretty dead once dealing with existing archives ....
even RT uses .zip for their product distribution - not .rip ;-)

Just my opinion ...

Anyone else?

-pekr-