Hi Jamey,

I really like the fact that there's no shell access in Rebol/core.
It means I can take just about any script and use it on any computer,
which I do, all the time.
I do rebol programming on three different platforms depending on where I
am at the moment. If shell access was available I have a feeling that
people would use it more than necessary to add 'cool' features etc by
hooking up to resources which doesn't exist (or works differently)
on some platforms.
It would be a lot of extra work to get these programs to work on all
platforms.
A program such as a file manager should really work on all platforms,
don't you think?

Working with REBOL is a breath of fresh air compared to Working with Java
and other languages wich claims to be platform independent.
REBOL really does work flawlessly across platforms. With other languages
there are all sorts of issues.

The way it is now, with REBOL/Command available for purchase, suits me
very well, and I think most newcomers with little experience in
programming will feel the same way.

Gisle