I can't answer for Gabriele, but i can say why i need it: after writing 3
different custom db for my programs, i feel the need of a "standard" rebol db
to store/retrieve data. I do not want to use an external db only for some
items.
I was thinking to write my own but if Gabriele write it i'll use it (and it
will be better than mine, i'm sure)

It must be small (and fast) because it should be included in other code. It
should not waste gc words space.

I want only basic feature. I think that the select dialect of dbms is already
too much complex.

---
Ciao
Romano