>     Since the REBOL interpreter is supposed to ignore everything
>     above the header I didn't actually need the semicolon.  I left
>     it there as a hint, since I *do* need comment-escaped code
>     later on.  An experienced REBOL programmer would know that it
>     wasn't needed, so that would draw attention to the question,
>     "Why did he make that a comment?" and provide a clue about the
>     use of language-specific commenting.
   There is, of course, the point that if one were to copy&paste the sig into
the console (which is what I did), then the comment /is/ required, and the
REBOL [] does nothing special.

> REBOL []
>
>     The REBOL header, to engage the REBOL interpreter.  I needed
>     the null function "REBOL" in Perl to make this line legal in
>     both languages.  The argument is an empty block to REBOL, but
>     is an anonymous array reference to Perl (which will silently
>     ignore it, due to the definition of the null function).
   Again, if you just copy&paste in the interpreter, this isn't even necessary.

> # despam: func [e] [replace replace/all e ":" "." "#" "@"]
>
>     This one is a tad obscure! ;-)  I need functions to fix the
>     ./: and @/# substitutions in both languages.  Each of these
>     functions needs to be hidden from the other language (in the
>     simplest/shortest way possible).  The octothorp/hash/pound
   "octothorp"?  I've never heard that term before!  Ah, but Merriam-Webster
( http://www.m-w.com ) says:
Main Entry: oc·to·thorp
Pronunciation: 'äk-t&-"thorp, -tO-
Function: noun
Etymology: octo- + thorp, of unknown origin; from the eight points on its
circumference
Date: 1971
: the symbol #
   Fascinating!!

> print head reverse despam "moc:xedef#yleen:leoj" ;
   I find that line to be particularly clever myself.  A single line of code
that works equally well in 2 separate languages.  Ah, perhaps this could be the
standard upon which to evaluate other languages? ;)

> Lots of work for a five-line sig, but it was fun to get all of
> the puzzle pieces lined up just right...
   Kind of like an engineer creating a vastly complex system to solve a simple
problem, simply because it's a fun thought project.  Heh.

> ; Joel Neely                             joeldotneelyatfedexdotcom
> REBOL [] do [ do func [s] [ foreach [a b] s [prin b] ] sort/skip
> do function [s] [t] [ t: "" foreach [a b] s [repend t [b a]] t ] {
> | e s m!zauafBpcvekexEohthjJakwLrngohOqrlryRnsctdtiub} 2 ]
   A new one.... hmmm..  You need serious help, you know that?  Egads.  I
wonder if the unused letters spell something... But how to decipher it?...
*laughs*

--Charles