RMM>> Thing like this shouldn't be written by hand:

> Indeed, they don't. :-)

Does anyone of you know Naked Objects?

     http://www.nakedobjects.org/

It largely deals with the same issues (specifying a "model" and having
an application built more or less automatically).

Interestingly, Microsoft once did (or tried) something similar as well
in their (now-disbanded) Second Foundation group:

   http://ofb.net/~egnor/resume/notes.html#semplat (UI drivers)

I've wanted to build something like this in REBOL for quite some time
now ... and I'm not the only one (or so it seems) ;-)

After all, REBOL is the perfect language for the declarative side of
life ...

-- Chris