Hi Robert,

On Thursday, August 22, 2002, 9:40:35 AM, you wrote:

RMM> Hi, never looked at it yet. I'll have to check out. Where can I find
RMM> this script?

Never  released publicly, because it's not really finished. If you
are  really  interested,  I  can  send it to you so you can have a
look.

RMM> This implies that you use a database in the background.

Not  necessarily. What you really do with the data is up to you. I
currently  have  functions  that allow to set up event chains; you
are   then   able   to   fire   up   events  in  your  code  (e.g.
New-client-object-to-insert  etc.) and then listen to that kind of
event  in  other parts of your code (i.e. the DB abstraction layer
that  takes care of actually insert the data in a DB, or a browser
for  client objects that should update its display, or a selection
list  in some form that should add the new object to the list, and
so on).

RMM> generic concept how to handle this. But it's not perfect yet, I still
RMM> need some time and first have to test some prototypes.

As  I  said, it was written only to fit my needs thus not publicly
released;  however,  as times goes on, I'm going to try to make it
more  generic;  so,  even  if  my  code will not be useful to your
project, maybe I can contribute some thoughts. :-)

RMM> Golden rule of open-source software: Release early, release often ;-))

You're  right,  but that might then set compatibility requirements
with badly designed early code... ;-)

RMM> I recognized that we reached the limit of what can be done with such a
RMM> concept and the available web technology.

I  will  probably  be  asking  questions in the future then, since
discovering  the  limits of such an approach is what my teacher is
interested in. :-)

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amigan -- AGI L'Aquila -- REB: http://web.tiscali.it/rebol/index.r