Hi Andy,

On Thursday, August 29, 2002, 5:41:57 PM, you wrote:

AF> What I am after is a way to programatically make one of the buttons in
AF> the grid appear to be selected.  I don't have a mouse for this
AF> application;  everything is done via a keypad.

Have a look at this:

 view layout [
    btn: button "Test button"
    button "Go down" [btn/state: on show btn]
    button "Go up" [btn/state: off show btn]
 ]

I hope it can get you started.

AF> (like, is there a way I could iterate through the list of buttons
AF> associated with a particular face, and somehow change that buttons color
AF> ?)

face/pane  contains  all the sub-faces; you can look at face/style
to see if a face is a button and act accordingly.

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amigan -- AGI L'Aquila -- REB: http://web.tiscali.it/rebol/index.r