Well, this list has been great so far :-)  The interface and my
understanding of the tricks available in rebol are both growing :-)

Let me ask another question, then...

Let's say I'm waiting on a tcp port for a character string.  Currently,
in my clock update feel, I'm checking if there are any characters
available on the port.  This works pretty well, but isn't elegant. (I
hate polling :-)  )  Is there any way to set rebol up to trigger a call
to a routine automatically if any characters are received at the port ?

Thanks,

Andy