Moral of the story => TETOAYTM
[The war song of LINGO programmers: "Test Early Test Often On All Your Target
Machines"]

So folks, I have been struggling for days unsuccessfully to get rebol file
upload over http working. And even with lots help from Andreas and everyone
[thanks!]... it has not been working. After testing all sort of server side
script issues, today I discovered a problem with my Internet Explorer.

I have been having trouble executing even the simplest rebol cgi test scripts on
a [client+server]system which has been working fine for a while.
Vanilla is running well and that's significant CGI app.
But a simple "hello world" from the browser has been crapping out in the
weirdest ways all day.

Sometimes it runs, sometimes it tries to download the script.
Tried all the permutations I could think of. I am unable to determine a pattern.
Then I tried the machine right next to me [almost identical to this one]
Bingo! none of these problems.. Now I get back to programming :-)

But what !~@#$ is going on?

Somehow it my system/IE has gone into shock. When the browser encounters a .r
script it cannot consistently decide what to do with it. Usually it just pops
open a file download requester.
But Netscape 4.5 is ok, responds normally.

I am running IE 6.0.2600.0000 on Win98se [ahem].

Q1: What has happened?
Q2: How do I fix it?
Q3: have you ever had this happen to you with rebol no windows before?

thanks
./Jason