From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Coussement Christophe
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 8:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] Re: lost the case ...

We just can't let it to agree with you, pekr :(

We are now working since 2000 full time with REBOL for developing
business core applications, and it is a monthly work to convince our
management to keep it that way.
We had a few meeting where we could demonstrate the power of the
underlying concepts of REBOL, and they agreed to it.
But the raising question is : what about the future ? what if RT does
not survive a bad financial situation ?
Life goes on... when I see how PHP/Python/Java or even C# community are
dynamic and growing on, how does the REBOL community stands there ?
Lot of very great peoples are working on very nice projects, but can we
speak of community work ? are there out there projects developed by
-let's say- 10 people.
Very good idea's - PDF-maker, steel, anamonitor, ... - are supported by
one or two people, I think...
I'm feeling even more uncomfortable when my bosses ask "how is it with
your projects ? ... and still using REBOL ?..."
I'm afraid one day will come we will have to switch to more dynamic env,
even if its less revolutionary and productive, but better supported.
Just look at the history: if a revolution is not supported by a critical
mass people, it will not become a success, being overthrowed or becoming
a dictature...
Please RT, save our code !

As always, just 5 (euro-)cents thoughts

==christophe