* Defiant Mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [040103 15:42]:
> I was wondering why a mail list instead of a forum?
>
> It would make things so much easier just to enter a search than to read through
> hundreds of archived mail's
> for a quick answer, furthermore it can send e-mails notifying users of new posts
> just like a mail list.
>
> We have several servers and I imagine others on this list also have the space to
> host a forum and
> icon board and phpbb take about 20 seconds to setup, so I ask again why no forum?
>
> The only forum I have found is in french and it has no language selection for non
> french users.
>
> Any ideas why there are no forums for rebol users?
>

> Thank's for your time & sorry if that sounded like a rant... -Mj.

  There's no disputing taste I guess, but I can roar through
  my email using Mutt, and prefer it that way, but there's nothing
  wrong with options -- back in the early days of CGI, I use
  to build forums for customers....

> A forum is more of a community, better organized and answers for newbs like myself
> are readily available.

  Yes, I would think a forum does 'model' a community well. In either
  case it is important not to 'overload' a thread, but to create a new
  one or a new subject as the content changes -
  IMHO -

  question: can a forum such as you describe above 'mirror' a ML?
  Also, isn't forum access speed controlled by bandwidth - since
  it is web-based?

  I do a lot of reseach with newsgroups and slrn/slrnpull which makes
  it exceeding quick to navigate among subject threads, also very
  nice.

  cheers
  tim

--