----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Tretter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 5:57 PM
Subject: [REBOL] Re: Forum Name

> Yeah I agree.  I wouldn't want to fracture the community much more at this
> point.  I do think Altme serves a great purpose.

 Problem with AltMe is it nature - it is great when comes to (rather small
IMO)  group cooperation in making something - but fails, when someone new
comes in.
No archive - and even archive is provided, it will be one-long page to
dig-in.
Compare it with short disccusion in [forum/beginner/VID related/How can i
update slider?] and simplicity to answer on _exactly that_ question and
adding new information even after few months if things are changed. Add to
this moderators with possibility to edit/delete redundant posts and
"straightening" wrong subjects. It is another type of cogs. More "gringo"
friendly.
How many times do You want to answer for simple questions?

In all forums we can find "non-answered questions" - and Rebol Hackers can
do some work for community once in week ;-)

Forum is as good, as his Master and Mods are giving heart to it - working on
it's architecture, answering simple questions and copy solutions from other
sources.

Two more things - blame on me, but I think forum:
1. Can with "peace in mind" replace "cookbook"
2. Better if not in Rebol - there is no time to reinventing whell (at least
until complete solution will be done).

Forum must be open "to read" for all users (and then to google to).

regards
Aleksander K.