On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:52:14 -0600, Joel Neely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You must have an interesting definition of "didn't work"!

Hi, of course this depends on the situation. And "does work" includes,
cost effective, low complexity, low bandwith etc. always
total-cost-of-ownership.

> Just two examples should suffice: Eclipse (desktop) and WebLogic
> (server) work
> quite nicely.

WebLogic IIRC is an application server? That's just a technical part. I'm
taling about solutions, like PPS Systems, document management etc. Most
solutions I have seen didn't hold for a TCO analysis and had a way to high
complexity.

But I'm sure there are stories, where people are happy with their
solution... it's always a question to what you compare ;-)

--
Robert M. Münch
Management & IT Freelancer