I was misunderstood.. what I meant was, once I get some stuff FROM read.. and
do some magic with it (ie: get the result of 2 + 2).. how do I send the RESULT
back to the client via WRITE?

I dont have a problem with getting or processing READ.

Terry

Terry Brownell wrote:

>Excellent.. finally some light in this dark hole of tcp.
>
>I have a couple of questions though.. in the handler we have connect,
>read, write close..  how can i do this...
>
>connect []
>read [ (read the buffer, which in this case is "2 + 2", and having
>processed this to a result string of "4"...)]
>write [... send the result back?]
>close []

terminate the string by a newline.

inbuf your input buffer from the use context:

read [
    append inbuf copy port
    if found? find inbuf newline [
       do copy/part inbuf find inbuf newline
       remove/part inbuf  -1 + index? find inbuf newline

>And my second question.. what does it take to handle multiple clients,
>and have the server continue to serve, rather than shutting down when
>the client disconnects?

Nothing. Every connection gets a client port with this handler from the
server port. That's the beauty of it. And multiplexing is done by a
state machine based on the event per port, hence the name "async".

--Maarten