Monday, May 3, 2004, 11:54:45 AM, Gregg wrote:

> This is interesting. I've always thought of PROBE as "show me the
> value" where the inlining aspect was the big benefit, but that it
> didn't add as much as it could for certain types of values (e.g.
> binary! and bitset!).

that's interesting indeed ;) different mindsets :)

i'd strongly urge for 'probe to be not modified for exactly the same
reasons anton, romano and maxim have expressed before.

i see probe as a way to inspect data and be able to immediately use
the probe's output (e.g. feed the probe'd data back into a REBOL
console).

> What about a refinement on PROBE that makes it produce DUMPed
> output?

no problem with that ;) however i don't how the refinement would
produce a benefit compared to adding just another function (named
dump, for example :)

--
Best regards,
 Andreas