Hi,

I just wanted to notify you of some progress that's been made with the
partial reconfiguration features of ReconOS. I've managed to create a
set of partial bitstreams using the 12.3 tools (esp. PlanAhead) and
the ReconOS tool chain. I've also been able to partially reconfigure
single hardware threads manually via JTAG on the ML605.

Things missing / to do:

1. Proper tool chain support:
This will probably involve scripting PlanAhead to create the necessary
configurations. I've been able to create a valid partially
reconfigurable PlanAhead project using only the bitstreams generated
by the ReconOS EAPR Makefile. Also, some renaming and cleanup of the
"master" Makefile would be in order. Interestingly enough, the
clocking magic we had to do with the old EAPR tool chain seems no
longer necessary.

2. OSIF interface logic:
Since the new PR tool flow does not use bus macros but instantiates
the necessary Partition Pins automatically, we need to replicate some
of the functionality of the former bus macros within the OSIF:
- registers for all non-RAM (i.e. synchronous) signals to improve
timing closure
- enable signals for all outgoing signals (hardware thread to OSIF) to
prevent accidental activity on reconfiguration

3. ICAP support for eCos:
There is a new HWICAP IP core in EDK 12.3, which I hope to be faster
and easier to use than the 9.02 versions. If there are any changes to
the API we need to patch our hardware scheduling code accordingly.
Also, a new reference design (ml605_light_pr) with the ICAP core
should be created.

Any comments, suggestions or questions are welcome. This list needs
more traffic. :)

Best regards
- Enno