From: Graham Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 4:36 AM
Subject: Re: [recoznet2] Ian Viner
 Tim,

I think you are selling Viner a long way short.  He has form on these issues.  Not everyone who votes Liberal is an enemy of aboriginal causes, as another W.A. Liberal Fred Chaney demonstrates, not to mention Peter Baume in NSW and of course Neville Bonner.  And that is just a top of mind list.   Michael Wooldridge is a current MHR who also jumps into mind.

I don't think awards motivate too many, but cultivating some of those friendly Liberals could pay dividends.   In my experience, friends at court are a valuable second prong attack when protest action is in the wind.  Perhaps someone could find his email address and send him some congratulatory mails.

Graham Y

tim dunlop wrote:

 Wonder if Ian Viner receiving a Queen's birthday gong had anything to do with his current article highlighting the (unforgivable) shortcomings of the Reeves report?  Might have put a bit steel in his resolve to speak out?  If so, we should nominate many more ex-coalition MPs for such awards - never know what might happen! Tim
--
Graham Young
Phone: