Trudy,

Along with Tim, I just don't actually see what rules Laurie has
broken.  Can you perhaps post them for us, or direct us to them?
Also, to take the burden of this sort of decision off of you, perhaps
we could consider some sort of group decision-making process
when it comes to delisting someone?
Thanks,

Sandy
> I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that they are not just my
> reasons. There are others on this list who have no trouble with the
> rules and expect them to be followed. They were there from the
> beginning.
> I think to ban flaming is the least we can ask from each other and as
> for who decides - I do.
> That is my responsibility as list owner and it is also my burden.
>
> I must say, I am getting to the stage where I am wondering if we are
> adult enough to deal with one provocateur. It is obvious by now that
> Karen is not interested in discussions that require listening and
> consideration on both sides. We gave her the benefit of the doubt but
> she has not addressed one question or given any indication that she is
> willing to.
> I suggest that the best way to quench a fire is to starve it of oxygen.
>
> As for Laurie, she is welcome to come back any time she is willing to
> follow the same rules as everyone else. I am not going to be put in the
> position of enforcing the rules for everyone but one person and I hope
> you don't expect me to.
>
> Why don't we do as Jay suggested and get back to what we are here for
> and no longer let one person distract us from that.
>
> Trudy
>

> tdunlop wrote:
> >
> > I'd just like to put in a request for the re-admission of Laurie, if she is
> > interested.  I'm sympathetic to your reasons, Trudy, but calling racists
> > racists seems a reasonable thing to do.  So while I agree we should try and
> > keep discussion above slanging match level, some sort of defacto
> > speech/manners code seems to me unenforceable.  What words?  What etiquette?
> > Who decides?  It seems to me it's a slippery slope.
> >
> > Tim

Sandy Sanders
Wormhole Books
27A Main Street
Upwey   VIC  3158
ph/fax  61 (03) 9754 5440
www.wormhole.com.au

        WORMHOLE BOOKS  science/fiction and beyond . . . .
                    www.wormhole.com.au