Laurie,

During the demonstrations at the old Swan Brewery site I can well remember
the arrival of these counter demonstrations organised by Campbell et al.
During one of these an old Aboriginal man was marooned on the other side of
the road, there was a large steel traffic barricade he could not cross. A
couple of us, because of his obvious distress, went out to assist him. As we
were getting him over the barricade he was saying, 'I've got to get over
there (the site) or I wont get my money' (a corned beef sandwich!!!!) As a
consequence we were confirmed in what we had suspected all along that these
were paid demonstrators. We already knew they were from Kalgoorlie and they
had been bussed down.

It was interesting to see so many of my friends from that demo on the little
screen and to be reminded of the police actions, quite brutal at times. On
the otherhand there were some sympathetic cops who did what they could under
the circumstances.

Ian Henderson                Murdoch University
24 Harfleur Place            Murdoch 6150
Hamilton Hill                   Tel: 61 8 94183972
Western Australia 6163   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
'Freedom is having nothing left to fear.'