> ALEX FERGUSON has been told there will be no cash for him to splash when the
> transfer window opens in January. Chief executive David Gill, speaking ahead
of todayıs United AGM, insisted: ³If it ainıt broke, donıt fix it. We
developed the squad in the  summer so weıd be challenging for all the
honours and we are challenging, so why would we want to make big changes in
January?²

Is a glass half full or half empty? Do we just want to be challanging or do
we want to be winning? I'm not saying spend for spending sake, but if an
opportunity came along to buy a world class player we should go for it and
not let out competitors get their debt ridden hands on him.

Gill the Accountant is continuing the small town mentality that has blighted
our club for over thirty years. Much of our success has been IN SPITE OF and
not due to the Board.

 ³The manager doesnıt normally do major transfer work in mid-season even
> before we had the window.²

Of course the manager doesn't NORMALLY do major transfer work in mid-season.
It's only in the last couple of years that the January shop window has
actually existed.

Dave Blatt

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/tsUolB/TM