> To be honest, I'd find it to be a major PITA if every
> machine I installed had to okay through a ppp config post install

I don't think that's really what they're getting at. You don't need to
make everything get configured at install time, just give an option so
that it can, or better yet, a GUI interface so you can do it after the
fact.

Though I personally am not a huge GUI fan, if Linux wants to have dumb
user viability it's going to have to be as "friendly" as Windows to
config. Now, I don't want to argue one way or another about the truth of
that last statement, but the average American would probably at least
think that Windows is easier to set up (and at install time they're
probably right).

Though I want the power to choose otherwise (which is the lack of
Windows), I think the only way we'll seriously get people other than
geeks, hacks, gurus, or professionals is to offer an install and
management that requires no thought or knowledge (sad, but true). There
should be minimal input and everything possible should be set to
reasonable defaults.

No, I'm not saying dumb down the interface, I'm saying add a dumb
interface and leave the old (command line mostly) smart interface for
the real computer crowd.

                        - Matt
begin:vcard
n:Fahrner;Matt
tel;pager:(603) 639-4142
tel;fax:(603) 443-6190
tel;work:(603) 448-4100 xt 5150
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.gizzy.com/matt
org:Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse;MIS Networking
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Manager of Networking
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 South Park St.=0D=0AWillis House;Lebanon;NH;03766;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-3648
fn:Matt Fahrner
end:vcard