On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, John Summerfield wrote:

> > On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Pekka Savola wrote:
>

> > Hmm, would be usable but I think of two things:
> >
> > 1. It would be cute to have a script line mkkickstart which generates the
> >    config for an Upgrade (easy i think)
>
> mkkickstart is for cloning the same release; it does not cope well with
> upgrades where packages get renamed, split up differently or otherwise
> reoganised.
>
> It could not know that xntp3 is not part of RHL 7, thought the RHL 7 upgrade
> just might take account of it.

That's why it should be the other way round.

If RHL 7 provides such a script, generating an kickstart-file for the
upgrade to RHL 7 (and even checking the Disk-space), it would be aware of
any new stuff, which should be taken care of during upgrade.

Then you can even do the upgrade as an at- job or something

LL&P Ulrich
--
| | / / |,---' Ulrich Kiermayr    Inst. for Theoret. Physics, Univ. of Vienna
| |/ /| ||_      ICQ: 17858333        eMail:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|   ( | | _:                            Web: http://www.thp.univie.ac.at/~kie
| |\ \| ||     @Home: Dampierrestr. 4/5, A-1140 Vienna;      +43(699)19671909
| | \ \ |`---, @Work: Boltzmanngasse 5, A-1090 Vienna;       +43(1)4277/51555

If you are smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to be an
Engineer, then you're in Business.