On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Panu Matilainen wrote:

>> I can't speak for Red Hat, but my observation is that Glint was
>> buggy, and a native GNOME/Gtk app would be much nicer.  GNOrpm
>> came along, and is no less stable than glint really..  I got
>> bitten by gnorpm and was angry about it, however I don't think
>> going backwards to glint is the answer.  Going forwards to
>> improve gnorpm where it lacks is the answer, or writing a new
>> application to replace it.  Porting tcl/tk to gtk/gnome would be
>
>In case you haven't been following - Alan is fixing gnorpm.. check
>out his diary from the last month or so: http://www.linux.org.uk/diary/
>Somehow I've a feeling it just might get usable in the next release :)
>
>(for now sticking strictly with the command line...)

No I wasn't aware of that at all..  I'm getting warm inside now
though.  ;o)  I have a feeling that it will be much more useable
in the next release as well.  Thanks for the pointer..

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris  |  Computer Consultant  |  Capslock Consulting
Linux Advocate  |  Open Source Advocate |  Red Hat Linux Fanatic