hey,
  stop me if i misunderstand - but you're trying to use the 6.2
genhdlist on rpms from 7.0?  7.0 rpms were built with rpm-4.x, while 6.2
uses a 3.x version.  i got the same problem when i tried to build a
modified 6.2 distro with some 7.0 rpms.  somewhere, genhdlist uses rpm
calls to scan each rpm, but these calls are only compliant with rpm <=
3.x.  i haven't dug any deeper to see if genhdlist calls an external rpm
binary, or if the calls are all internal - i'd be interested to find
this out.
  -dann