> Okay folks,
> pay attention Summerfield so you can grasp this --> ( smile)
>
> I got the kernel source code and this is what I found under
> /include/asm-mips/inventory.h which define some of the structures that I
> need to load up Hardware list similar to the found at mips/kernel/irixinv.c
> my new question would be, how do I compile the kernel to include these
> header files and those functions, my box is of i386

I don't understand, unless you are cross compiling a kernel for a mips
(and you need a gcc built as crosscompiler) this will make the kernel
unable to work since theese structures are tailored for mips not i386
hardware.

It has been undeprecated.  But I still advise to use pciutils.

--
                        Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org