On 22 Jan 2001, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Debian APT tool is included in Conectiva Linux 6.0 with an RPM
> > back-end. Are there plans to include it in RHL ? I guess it would make
> > package installations and upgrades a lot easier than they are now.
>
> up2date is better than apt at updating systems, FTTB (authentication
> of all parts, signed packages (and checking thereof), encrypted
> communication).

There are no ready tools for making your own repository though.  For [a
couple of] obvious reason[s] I suspect.

Some organizations customize a few packages, add some nice extras etc.

Also, for some this is a policy decision.  At least if you want to
automate the upgrading.

In a bigger scale this would also be way faster on 100 Mbit/s
connection ;-)

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"