On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:53:05AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > In a bigger scale this would also be way faster on 100 Mbit/s
> > connection ;-)
>
> I have wondered about up2date and modems. Not enough to actually try it
> though...

        fairly lightweight. Protocol overhead is mostly lost
in the noise of anything but the smallest packages, and there
is currently work being done to reduce the overhead significantly
anyway (it kind of adds up server side ;->)

        Now if I could only make sucking down glibc over
a modem bearable ;->  (and yes, things like rsync/xdelta/etc
are possibilities, well see...)

Adrian