*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE ***********

On 6/26/98, at 10:41 AM, Tony Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>William (Bill?) T Wilson wrote:
>
>Considerable time and training is also required to set up a
>>Windows NT server for a corporate site that works at all; I don't
WRONG.  I have NO Formal NT training, I installed/admin 5 NT servers
running SQL, IIS 4.0, Index server, POP3 etc.  These servers were installed
and setup using little or no documentation, only the gui/setup wizard
provided with the OS/Software.  SQL is the only app that requires some
reading to get it to work correctly.

>think
>>it's possible to make a stable NT server, and the training
>required for
>>making one secure and efficient is at least as much as there is
>for Linux.

Stable and NT are alwasy a crap shoot. We have 4 servers that never go down
and one that we've nick named YoYo cause it crasehd 2-3 times a week.  Then
again my Linux quake2 server crashes 1-2 times a week (kernel panic) so
nothing is perfect.

Just my $.02