> > I've done countless NT installs (workstation and server) and about 15 RH
> > installs (on the same two boxes do to my inexperience with Linux) and can
> > say that Linux is not up to NT for ease of installation.  Redhat is making
> > great inroads but the lack up pnp support and other harware support isses
> > puts them behind the times.  I think over the next year or so we'll se
> > Redhat and hopefully other distributions make installation of not only the
> > OS but of software in genereal less problematic.
>
> NT4 is easier to install the 95 or 3.11 or dos or linux or anything. My
> mother was sort of scared of NT, and was blown away how easy it is to
> install the OS. In my opinion, the install is only a very small part of
> the experience. General efficiency/speed and reliability and remote
> administration ease are what keeps me happy with linux.

I was blown away by how fast and easy it is to install a fully graphical
and networkable install of RH 5.0 compared to NT.  All you need is to be a
little prepared.  I've lost 2 harddrives in the last month (because they
were older spares from work, I finally bought my own new drive) and I
installed Linux first both times because it is waaaaaaaaaay faster to get
back up and running from total scratch with Linux than Windows NT or 95.

Greg